The trek is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful treks that introduce the traveler to the remote, hilly societies of Himachal Pradesh.
Trekking in India, there are places where you are taking a journey back in time. The five-day trek through Chanderkhani Pass is just such a place. Back before the sound of cars on every street, the electronic beeps of modern life, this trek connects you with another time.
The impressive view from the pass is magnified by Himalayan neighbors like Deo Tibba, the Bara Bhangal range looming high in the west while the Pir Panjal ranges fall in the north and Parvati Valley in the east. The area is also referred to as the Valley of Gods. Mythology has it that Jamlu (the administering divine being at Malana) opened up a basket having the gods of Kullu at the Chandrakhani Pass and the robust winds blew the gods to their existing residences. Initially, this path was the only way to reach Malana town before a proper roadway was carved off the mountains.
The bright pastures that evoke new sounds and sights, subtly allowing your senses to readapt to the fresh and the contemporary of the natural world. We'll pass two lakes, themselves microcosms of life and natural sensation. Drawing in wildlife and feeding the nearby ecology. Later on, as you move through woods and forested areas, your rebooted senses will connect you with something older. The forest is the work of decades and feeling a connection to its roots will anchor you, connecting you to the natural source as the roots connect the tree to the ground.
Amongst the most effective expeditions in Himachal Pradesh for newbies, Chanderkhani Pass is an archetype of Himalayan walking. However, every excursion is one-of-a-kind in its very own method. The natural charm that the journey envelops, it exposes travelers to the unique culture of Himalayan towns. If you're yearning for a Himalayan experience, nevertheless, have just a handful of days, head to the Chanderkhani Pass without a second thought.
Just as the many spectacular photos you'll take on this trip will last, so too will this new connection with nature, nurturing you until your next Himalayan trekking experience gets underway.
● We leave from Kullu and drive to Chansari, before beginning the trek to Matikochad
● Himalayan treks take in many natural sights such as forests and man-made points of interest, and nowhere is this more evident than on the route to Bijli Mahadev.
● We’ll visit the Bijli Mahadev temple which is not only wrought yearly with lightning strikes to the Shiva lingam but also the site of an ancient battle between the snake demon Kulanta and Lord Shiva.
● As we trek to our destination, through the latter part of the day we’ll be between Kullu valley on one side and Parvati Valley on the other.
● We make camp for the night at Matikochad.
● Starting the day with a bit of effort over steep terrain, it soon tapers off into an easy and comfortable stroll, with much to see including the local birdlife.
● Today's trek takes in a great sample of what trekking in the Himalayas is like.
● We start by passing Footasaur lake and the oddly shaped Alien Lake before heading through a series of large lush meadows.
● In the afternoon we’ll traverse a jungle section before navigating a boulder field to reach our campsite.
● As you relax into the evening the stars appear ready to bedazzle.
● 5-6 hours of trekking will bring us to our overnight camp at Malana.
● As on previous days we’ll take in a variety of terrain from verdant grassy areas plush with natural herbs used in the regions medicinal practices.
● Later we pass through rougher, rockier terrain, that brings with it a decline in temperature.
● We spend the night at Malana Village, an isolated village where the residents speak a language quite unlike anything found in the surrounding regions.
● Our final trek takes up to 3 hours and leads us down to Jari where we complete the final leg to Kasol by car, giving you time to contemplate what you have experienced. A fitting end to one of the best treks in India.
- Transportation to Chansari from Kullu and from Jari to Kasol on day 1 and day 5 respectively.
- State of the art T2 / T3 / T4 camping tents, sleeping bags with liners and camping mattress at the campsite.
- Evening tea / coffee, breakfast on day 2, day 3, day 4 and day 5, lunch on day 1, day 2, day 3 and day 4, dinner on day 1, day 2, day 3 and day 4. All meals will be vegetarian.
- Reliable, licensed, experienced and adept English-speaking guide with a great knowledge of the area and the terrain.
- Shared dry toilet tent.
- Kitchen tent and kitchen equipment.First aid kit.
- Any Personal Expenses / Mineral Water / Tips / Beverages / Meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- 5% GST.
- Porters, ponies, transport, any activities, permits, services, accommodation or transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances including medical emergencies and acts of God and anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions.
T-shirts (dry-fit preferred), Thermal inners, Fleece/ Windproof Jacket, Poncho, Down Feather Jacket, Woolen Cap, Sun Hat, Sunglasses, Flip Flops, Cotton Socks, Woolen Socks, Gloves, Trekking Shoes, Quick Drying Towel.
Reusable water bottle, Backpack (30-40 ltrs), Walking Stick (if required), Torch or Head Torch, Sunscreen, Hand Sanitizer, Moisturiser, Personal Medication, Toothbrush/paste, Mouthwash, Lip Balm, Batteries, Power Banks, Toilet Paper, Degradable Wet Wipes, Energy Bars, Chocolate, Dried Fruit, ORS.
- Respect local cultures as well as be compassionate towards wild animals.
- Porters can be availed to carry your personal bag throughout the trip (capped at 10kg) for an additional cost. This cost is inclusive the accommodation and dishes of the porter throughout the trek.
- General steps and safety measures are to be adhered to for proper acclimatization with the help of instructors.
- Carry your stuff in a rucksack. Do not carry traveling bags, trolleys, or any other sturdy travel luggage.
- As you will undoubtedly be walking long distances on a backpack, avoid bringing unneeded products on the expedition. Please prevent carrying pricey watches, jewelry and expensive electronic things on the trip.
- Please keep in mind that the information on the weather condition is not precise and does not account for unexpected modifications. Whatever the temperatures, as well as conditions, felt confident the crew would be prepared to handle it with the help of tools of really high requirements.
- For instance, you are preparing to put your bag on a mule or taking a helper; please obtain a duffel bag or rucksack. Keep it in mind that there is a possibility that the bag at times may comb versus a tree or a rock and also obtain scratches slightly, so don't obtain very pricey bags. Also, in the instance of damages, the crew will not be held accountable.
The most effective time to do the Chanderkhani Pass Trip is mid May to End September except July & Aug.
This expedition is begins easy however gets reasonably hard with every passing day. It makes a lot of feeling to spend some time before coming on a hiking holiday getting some extra exercise.
The complying with checklist must assist you with your packing. As a general regulation, you ought to constantly attempt to keep the weight of your equipment to a minimum. Hiking boots Fitness instructors or shoes for river crossings and also camp use Strolling socks (3 sets) Spare laces Trekking trousers Waterproof overtrousers Underwear Thermal baselayer - tights Baselayer t-shirts (short sleeve and also 1 lengthy sleeve) Shirts or Tee shirts Fleece jacket or warm jumper Water-proof jacket Sunhat Cozy hat Sunglasses Gloves or mittens Daypack 30 litres Sunlight security (including complete bloc for lips, nose and so on).
Headtorch and also extra batteries Canteen 1 litre (x2) Sleeping bag (convenience rated -10 ºC )( minus 15ºC for late November and December trips) * Washbag and also toiletries Anti-bacterial handwash Little towel Basic Emergency treatment Kit including: antiseptic lotion, throat lozenges, diarrhea therapy (Imodium), altitude (Diamox), medicines, plasters and sore treatment, and also re-hydration salts (Dioralite). Tiny padlock.
You should carry high-ankle walking footwear. Various shoes are suitable for various kinds of expeditions, depending upon the climate, path problem in addition to period of the expedition. For this particular trek, footwear with thick spirits are suggested.
There are proper dishes with succeeding nutritional values planned for individuals coming in for the trip. Dish will consist of nutritional vegetarian meals, with the addition of tea and also coffee throughout breaks.
Lugging medicines is essential while travelling anywhere in the globe. Your first-aid must have anti-diarrhea medication such as loperamide however make certain that you don't take it unless getting to a commode isn't an option.
Throughout the travelling you might not have access to pharmacies. It's far better to have drugs all set. Yes, you can lug diamox and also can be taken as well if having sickness/nausea.
Indian mobile networks do not work for many part of this trip. Vodafone and BSNL are the only mobile networks that operate in patches in the process (however are inconsistent).
Well, that best alternative would certainly be to choose an allocated tour that is prepared by specialists to ensure that you do not miss out on anything. In such a scenario, the expedition will certainly cost you INR 9,900 per grownup which will consist of dishes, accommodation in outdoors tents, overviews and different activities for you to participate during your expedition. Booking a prepared excursion will certainly save you lots of money, time and also effort as well as your group will certainly become like your family members.
Yes, this trip is a simple to modest degree expedition. It makes a great deal of feeling to invest some time before coming on a hiking vacation obtaining some additional exercise.
Totally relies on the months you have chosen to trek in. The 2nd season between October to November when the temperature level ranges in between 1 - 6 ° C, exposure is outstanding as well as there might be periodic snowfall. Nonetheless if you have picked December to opt for this trip, it gets bitter cold.
This is a simple to moderate degree trek, helpful for first timers too.
For ladies, hiking is incredibly secure. Vendors have highest possible pertains to for ladies security as well as will guarantee that they're secure during the entire expedition. If there is only one lady in the journey, after that she will be supplied with solitary outdoor tents to sleep alone.
If there are a lot more women, then they can sleep under one camping tent. Always see to it that you are never ever left on your own. Understand your pace as well as be with the group.
Chandrakhani pass trip starts from Naggar in which you will witness blue want, gold oak, and also walnut trees during this route. After a one hour expedition or so, you will certainly get to Rumsu village which will also act as Chandrakhani basecamp, located at an elevation of 2150 meters above the sea level, this basecamp will enable you to season. it will certainly also be a starting point for those who want to rise greater.
To reach Chandrakhani pass, you have to initial reach Manali. Manali is the point where you will certainly first begin your trek to Chanderkhani pass. To reach Manali, you can quickly find Volvos from Delhi, Chandigarh, etc
. When you have reached Manali, you need to make your method in the direction of Naggar which is around 21 kilometres away from Manali. From Naggar, the actual trip to Chanderkhani pass will begin as well as will take some 4 days to cover.
You will certainly take around 5 days to cover the Chandrakhani pass expedition. The expedition will begin in Naggar and also will take you through Rumsu village where you will certainly discover nature in its most raw form and it will certainly be the most stunning sights of all time.
You will additionally witness the Pir Panjal array and Malana Valley distant. The trip will certainly entail spending the evening in tents and afterwards ascending in the early morning.
Trip to Chanderkhani pass lies at an elevation of 3,660 meters above water level. It is positioned in the Kullu area of Himachal Pradesh and develops a course between the village of Rumsu and Pulag to Malana valley. Nevertheless, you will get adequate time to loosen up as well as season at numerous places.
It is reasonably challenging and takes 5 days to complete the expedition, Chandrakhani pass hiking is thought about to be safe. You should be fine, given that you are well prepared, have all the needed devices and also your body is healthy and fit.
Additionally, necessary breaks as well as unwinding in the night will help you collect and also renew power for the next day.
Chandrakhani pass trekking can definitely be done solo. You have to make certain that you are lugging all the needed gear, cozy clothes, snacks, outdoors tents as well as first-aid. You must be able to make a camp camping tent and also make food on your own. Make sure you have ample knowledge of surviving alone and preparing with respect to your trip needs.
Chandrakhani pass lies in the Kullu district in Himachal Pradesh and is understood to be an abode to the gods. The trip to Chanderkhani pass entails beautiful snow-capped mountains and also numerous unique trees.
You will certainly likewise witness the mysterious Malana village, Deo Tibba and also Parvati variety on your way which makes this expedition a completely worthwhile experience.
There will certainly be 2 overviews for the team of maximum 12 travelers so 1 guide for 6 group participants. We supply with the best of travelers for advice as well as a plain sailing trip. There will Porter/mules too for bring camping devices & assignments.
Different footwear are ideal for different kinds of expeditions, depending on the climate, path problem as well as duration of the trip. In such a scenario, the trek will certainly cost you INR 9,900 per grownup which will consist of dishes, holiday accommodation in tents, overviews as well as numerous tasks for you to participate throughout your expedition. Manali is the point where you will initially start your trip to Chanderkhani pass. From Naggar, the actual trip to Chanderkhani pass will start and will certainly take some 4 days to cover.
Trip to Chanderkhani pass is located at an altitude of 3,660 meters over sea level.
I trekked with Abendrot team to Triund last year. My amazing experience with the team made me do a Solo Trek with them to kareri Lake as well. The guides ensured a safe and a comfortable journey for me throughout. Much skilled and experienced guides, very modest. The arrangements, the complete planning, the food quality, the tents, the sleeping arrangements was commendable. They completely ensure each traveler has a lifetime experience with them. More treks with Abendrot in near future for sure.
Had one of the most amazing group travel experiences with Abendrot Holidays. The crew knew how to get people together and provided great impromptu services. Keeping comfort intact Abendrot crew made us see the nature to its closest. One the best trek stories I have till date.
Me and my group witnessed a surreal experience of a lifetime! Thanks to Adventure La for making my trek to Hampta pass seem so easy with wonderful memories. The picturesque locations and the admirable hospitality is worth admiring. Drinking mountain water can be a little tricky for us Europeans, as it’s not that easy to digest but the team had boiled water and packaged water for us on request.
We were bunch of cousins planned the exciting Triund trek. However the plan could only become successful and completely fun with the services provided by the Abendrot Holidays. A personal guide was arranged who was very friendly and also experienced. The Abendrot had a beautiful place set up with tents atop the mountain and the view was spectacular. Not to forget to comment on food, we were served with hot soup and delicious meal in the night everything prepared hot. Dinner under the clear sky dotted with bright stars was an experience to remember! The only problem in the whole trek and the stay was toilet facility. I suggest the agency to consider building bio-toilets or dry toilets. Well overall I think it was a beautiful experience! Looking forward to again seek the services again 😊
Spiti valley is just so beautiful that I am falling short of words to describe its true beauty. No doubt the weather is extreme and the unexplored places are a little hard to reach but the Spiti journey is an experience of a lifetime. We did this trip in 2019 and thanks to the team at Adventure La, the entire trip was very comfortable and I had the most adventurous time of my life.