Kareri Lake trek leads to a holy and beautiful lake that resonates purity and motionless calm — surrounded by forests of oak and pine, vast swathes of greenery broken up by the dotted colour and variance of the wildflowers. Trekking in the Himalayas provides a wide range of experiences and the Kareri Lake trail is one of the best.
● We drive from Dharamsala to Kareri on this first leg of the trek.
● After a chance to freshen up, we follow the path alongside Nyund stream with an option to take a heritage trail through the village.
● As the sun sets, burning the last of the day from the sky, the stars are revealed above the camp. Seated by the fire you can relax and hear the sounds all around you.
- Transportation to and from Dharamshala to Kareri Village in a Tata Winger / Force Traveller / Tata Sumo or any other vehicle as per requirement.
- State of the art T2 / T3 / T4 camping tents, sleeping bags with liners and camping mattress.
- Evening and morning tea / coffee, breakfast on day 2 and day 3, lunch on day 1 and day 2 and dinner on day 1 and day 2. All meals served will be vegetarian.
- Reliable, licensed, experienced and adept English-speaking guide with a great knowledge of the local area and the terrain.
- Shared dry toilet tent.
- Kitchen tent and kitchen equipment
- First aid kit.
- Any Personal Expenses / Mineral Water / Tips / Beverages / Meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- 5% GST.
- Porters, ponies, transport, any activities, permits, services, accommodation or transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances including medical emergencies and acts of God and anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions.
- Climatic and weather situations throughout the high-reaching altitudes differ from the plains; take the required time to get accustomed to high elevations.
- Carry your stuff in a rucksack. Do not carry traveling bags, trolleys, or any other sturdy travel luggage.
- Do not take in alcohol or some other intoxicants throughout the expedition.
The very best time to opt for the Kareri Lake trekking is during the months of April to July, September to November when the weather condition continues to be fairly suitable for the trekkers. The temperature may go down to 5° C during the April - October (July & August might see spells of rain).
The difficulty level of Kareri Lake trek comes under simple to moderate. You will certainly be covering a range of 29km from the starting of your day and trekking to an altitude of 11,482 ft. This is a must-do expedition for the adventure hunters and adventure enthusiasts.
The stunning lake acquaints us with a distinctive type of beauty that can not be comprehended unless you have witnessed it on your own.
Tirthan valley with Abendrot Holidays is an easy trip. The team's there to assist always, anytime. The itinerary is fun & safe. We certainly recommend!
It's great pleasure planning a holiday trek with these people they organised so well. I would recommend people to opt them. Even they helped us in planning out of the box to their package.
I trekked with Abendrot team to Triund last year. My amazing experience with the team made me do a Solo Trek with them to kareri Lake as well. The guides ensured a safe and a comfortable journey for me throughout. Much skilled and experienced guides, very modest. The arrangements, the complete planning, the food quality, the tents, the sleeping arrangements was commendable. They completely ensure each traveler has a lifetime experience with them. More treks with Abendrot in near future for sure.
We were bunch of cousins planned the exciting Triund trek. However the plan could only become successful and completely fun with the services provided by the Abendrot Holidays. A personal guide was arranged who was very friendly and also experienced. The Abendrot had a beautiful place set up with tents atop the mountain and the view was spectacular. Not to forget to comment on food, we were served with hot soup and delicious meal in the night everything prepared hot. Dinner under the clear sky dotted with bright stars was an experience to remember! The only problem in the whole trek and the stay was toilet facility. I suggest the agency to consider building bio-toilets or dry toilets. Well overall I think it was a beautiful experience! Looking forward to again seek the services again 😊
A private trek to Triund was one of my best decisions and I don't think I could've made a better choice than Abendrot Holidays to make this trek fruitful for me! The scenery across the trail is mesmerizing. It was an adventurous travel experience with the guide being pretty helpful throughout. I can't wait to travel with these guys again. Also a big thank you to the whole team for always being so communicative.