Kareri Lake trek leads to a holy and beautiful lake that resonates purity and motionless calm — surrounded by forests of oak and pine, vast swathes of greenery broken up by the dotted colour and variance of the wildflowers. Trekking in the Himalayas provides a wide range of experiences and the Kareri Lake trail is one of the best.
● We drive from Dharamsala to Kareri on this first leg of the trek.
● After a chance to freshen up, we follow the path alongside Nyund stream with an option to take a heritage trail through the village.
● As the sun sets, burning the last of the day from the sky, the stars are revealed above the camp. Seated by the fire you can relax and hear the sounds all around you.
- Transportation to and from Dharamshala to Kareri Village in a Tata Winger / Force Traveller / Tata Sumo or any other vehicle as per requirement.
- State of the art T2 / T3 / T4 camping tents, sleeping bags with liners and camping mattress.
- Evening and morning tea / coffee, breakfast on day 2 and day 3, lunch on day 1 and day 2 and dinner on day 1 and day 2. All meals served will be vegetarian.
- Reliable, licensed, experienced and adept English-speaking guide with a great knowledge of the local area and the terrain.
- Shared dry toilet tent.
- Kitchen tent and kitchen equipment
- First aid kit.
- Any Personal Expenses / Mineral Water / Tips / Beverages / Meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- 5% GST.
- Porters, ponies, transport, any activities, permits, services, accommodation or transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances including medical emergencies and acts of God and anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions.
- Climatic and weather situations throughout the high-reaching altitudes differ from the plains; take the required time to get accustomed to high elevations.
- Carry your stuff in a rucksack. Do not carry traveling bags, trolleys, or any other sturdy travel luggage.
- Do not take in alcohol or some other intoxicants throughout the expedition.
The very best time to opt for the Kareri Lake trekking is during the months of April to July, September to November when the weather condition continues to be fairly suitable for the trekkers. The temperature may go down to 5° C during the April - October (July & August might see spells of rain).
The difficulty level of Kareri Lake trek comes under simple to moderate. You will certainly be covering a range of 29km from the starting of your day and trekking to an altitude of 11,482 ft. This is a must-do expedition for the adventure hunters and adventure enthusiasts.
The stunning lake acquaints us with a distinctive type of beauty that can not be comprehended unless you have witnessed it on your own.
Me and my group witnessed a surreal experience of a lifetime! Thanks to Adventure La for making my trek to Hampta pass seem so easy with wonderful memories. The picturesque locations and the admirable hospitality is worth admiring. Drinking mountain water can be a little tricky for us Europeans, as it’s not that easy to digest but the team had boiled water and packaged water for us on request.
Good camping experience and professional guide .
It's great pleasure planning a holiday trek with these people they organised so well. I would recommend people to opt them. Even they helped us in planning out of the box to their package.
Had one of the most amazing group travel experiences with Abendrot Holidays. The crew knew how to get people together and provided great impromptu services. Keeping comfort intact Abendrot crew made us see the nature to its closest. One the best trek stories I have till date.
Tirthan valley with Abendrot Holidays is an easy trip. The team's there to assist always, anytime. The itinerary is fun & safe. We certainly recommend!