The well-worn paths of the cities, towns, and villages provide the least resistance. Where do roads come from if not from the well-worn paths of old? Himalayan treks are a connection between the ancient byways and the travellers of today and the best treks in India offer you something exceptional.
Minkiani Pass Trek is an extremely much less discovered trip situated in the western area of Dhauladhar range of mountains. Minkiani Pass is more 4.5 kilometres from Kareri Lake consequently and is an excellent mix of landscapes as well as journey. On our trek, we will leave the roads behind and find less travelled ways to get where we are going—treading where few, if any, have walked before. The terrain can be rugged at times, but the ground underfoot is a different kind of ancient, and you share your time on it with very few.
This expedition is a heaven for wild animals enthusiasts, considering that you obtain an opportunity to see various types of Himalayan birds. If luck is by your side, you can get a peek of leopard, Himalayan fox as well as several different other wild animals types. The pictures you take while trekking in India can be shared with many, but it cannot compare to being here on Minkiani Pass. The distinctive feeling of isolation and singularity that turns out not to be cold as you’d thought it would be, but warming and rewarding.
The course to Minkiani pass is a little steep as compared to its eastern sister Indrahar pass thus; you should have good physical fitness for this expedition. After several days trekking in the Himalayas, cutting your own path, you return to the city with a newfound ruggedness in your legs, invigorated and ready to go.
● We drive from Dharamshala to Kareri on this first leg of the trek.
● After a chance to freshen up and partake of a traditional lunch we follow the path to Harnala with an option to take a heritage tour of the village.
● As the sun sets, burning the last of the day from the sky, the stars are revealed above base camp. Seated by the fire you can relax and hear the sounds all around you.
● After breakfast, we head off towards Kareri Lake.
● Along the way there will be chances to stop and rest, to explore and document.
● At the halfway point we’ll stop to picnic on a prepared lunch before clearing up and heading on.
● Setting up camp at the lakeside and relaxing with snacks and hot drinks will see out the second day of the trip.
● The third day presents a round trip, starting and ending at Kareri Lake.
● In the morning we will make the ascent to the Miniaki Pass. There are many ways to mark the progress we make, but none is more immediate and noticeable than the receding shape of the lake behind us.
● Once we reach the pass we’ll take time to rest and to explore the local area, take in the outstanding views of the distance as well as the natural life closer by.
● Returning to the lake and our camp where we spend another evening with the stillness of the lake and stars around us.
● The final descent leg of our journey takes us back to where we started.
● A leisurely lunch at Kareri village provides an opportunity to rest as well as to consider everything you have taken in over the last few days.
● Reaching Dharamsala by evening, the journey is completed.
- Transportation to and from Dharamshala to Kareri Village in a Tata Winger / Force Traveller / Tata Sumo or any other vehicle as per requirement.
- State of the art T2 / T3 / T4 camping tents, sleeping bags with liners and camping mattress.
- Evening and morning tea / coffee, breakfast on day 2, day 3 and day 4, lunch on day 1 and day 2, day 3 and dinner on day 1, day 2 and day 3. All meals served will be vegetarian.
- Reliable, licensed, experienced and adept English-speaking guide with a great knowledge of the local area and the terrain.
- Shared dry toilet tent.
- Kitchen tent and kitchen equipment.
- First aid kit.
- Any Personal Expenses / Mineral Water / Tips / Beverages / Meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- 5% GST.
- Porters, ponies, transport, any activities, permits, services, accommodation or transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances including medical emergencies and acts of God and anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions.
T-shirts (dry-fit preferred), Thermal inners, Fleece/ Windproof Jacket, Poncho, Down Feather Jacket, Woolen Cap, Sun Hat, Sunglasses, Flip Flops, Cotton Socks, Woolen Socks, Gloves, Trekking Shoes, Quick Drying Towel.
Reusable water bottle, Backpack (30 - 40 ltrs.), Walking Stick (if required), Torch or Head Torch, Sunscreen, Hand Sanitizer, Moisturiser, Personal Medication, Toothbrush/paste, Mouthwash, Lip Balm, Batteries, Power Banks, Toilet Paper, Degradable Wet Wipes, Energy Bars, Chocolate, Dried Fruit, ORS.
- Any type of personal expenses are to be taken care of by you.
- The management has all the right to make changes to the itinerary during any type of emergencies or all-natural calamities.
- Adhere to the directions given by the expedition leader.
- Stay hydrated throughout the trek. Consume lots of water, at least 2-3 litres a day.
- Carry Rain-Protection equipment to stay comfortable as well as completely dry.
- Put on Safety glasses while travelling in daylight. If you wear eyeglasses, put on photochromatic lenses.
- Before carrying out the expedition, speak with a doctor.
- If required, participants are recommended to bring their very own medicine.
- Do not motivate littering the neighbourhood sites, trail or campsites.
Good camping experience and professional guide .
I trekked with Abendrot team to Triund last year. My amazing experience with the team made me do a Solo Trek with them to kareri Lake as well. The guides ensured a safe and a comfortable journey for me throughout. Much skilled and experienced guides, very modest. The arrangements, the complete planning, the food quality, the tents, the sleeping arrangements was commendable. They completely ensure each traveler has a lifetime experience with them. More treks with Abendrot in near future for sure.
Tirthan valley with Abendrot Holidays is an easy trip. The team's there to assist always, anytime. The itinerary is fun & safe. We certainly recommend!
We were bunch of cousins planned the exciting Triund trek. However the plan could only become successful and completely fun with the services provided by the Abendrot Holidays. A personal guide was arranged who was very friendly and also experienced. The Abendrot had a beautiful place set up with tents atop the mountain and the view was spectacular. Not to forget to comment on food, we were served with hot soup and delicious meal in the night everything prepared hot. Dinner under the clear sky dotted with bright stars was an experience to remember! The only problem in the whole trek and the stay was toilet facility. I suggest the agency to consider building bio-toilets or dry toilets. Well overall I think it was a beautiful experience! Looking forward to again seek the services again 😊
Had one of the most amazing group travel experiences with Abendrot Holidays. The crew knew how to get people together and provided great impromptu services. Keeping comfort intact Abendrot crew made us see the nature to its closest. One the best trek stories I have till date.