Spiti means middle land, as befits the area between India and Tibet, but that is the only thing middling about this valley.
Situated at a mean elevation of 12,500 feet over the water level, Spiti Valley has recently become popular with outsiders. The valley is a platter of natural wonders and delights. Lakes and rivers, mountains and valleys frame the cold desert of Spiti along with its occasional sea buckthorn plants. Due to their abundance in vitamin C, these plants have been an essential part of the local feast in the valley. For over a millennium, a civilization of Buddhists monks, their homes and temples, thrived throughout the valley in relative isolation. Never miss an opportunity to relish this pristine area of natural beauty during your trip.
Spiti is a place consisting of high rocky mountains and valleys spread throughout with beautiful whitewashed mud houses and mini hamlets. Spiti has the coldest of winters but the warmest of people you will ever come across. Prepare to take a trip to this part of the globe where villages look like a mirage after miles of chasing an aquamarine environment-friendly river snuggled in between snow-capped barren hills as well as colourful lakes.
Spiti Valley shines like a diamond under sunlight throughout the peak summer months, while the majority of the Indian regions are covered under the heat waves. June-September are the best months to visit Spiti as the valley will be seen flaunting its glacial lakes.
You will savour several of the beautiful villages of Spiti Valley, including Asia's highest motorable village -- Komik, travelling in the comfortable Toyota Innova. On this Spiti Valley tour, you'll also get to treat your eyes to the marvellous structure of the Ki Monastery and also prepare yourself to be astonished by the Tabo Monastery-- a 1000-year-old UNESCO Globe Heritage site. The Pin Valley National Park and Kibber Wildlife Sanctuary await you with wildlife like Himalayan Ibex, Bharal, Weasel, Red Fox, mighty Snow Leopard and also Marten. Birds such as Pika, Griffon, Golden Eagle, Bearded Vulture, Chukor, and Raven will amaze your eyes. Pin Valley is among the most picturesque places and you will also enjoy your visit to this area.
Throughout the last days of your trip, you can delight yourself with the outstanding views of the Chandratal Lake. This lake has clear waters and also is located at a height of 14,107 feet. A must visit place to cherish picturesque elegance and also stargazing the milky way galaxy and billions of constellations during the night.
This seven-day spectacular Spiti Valley tour takes you on a journey through the high altitude of the region, the scenic moments, the archaic people and the almost unlimited grace that Spiti Valley has to offer.
A road trip, that'll stay with you for the rest of your life!
● We start with a sedate ride through the Rohtang Pass, allowing you to acclimate to the environments of the region.
● As we pass through Chatru and Batal we catch a glimpse of the imperious Kunzum Pass ahead.
● Finally, we descend to Losar Village at the beginning of the Spiti Valley where we pause before undertaking the final leg to Kaza, where a hotel room awaits.
● On day two we undertake a round trip exploration of the local sites and area.
● First, we drive to Komik, the highest motorable village in the world, resting at 4,513m. In a similar vein, we will also visit Hikkim, home of the world’s highest post office, where you can write and send a postcard.
● Next, we head to Langza (the fossil village), home to the Sakyapa sect of Tibetan Buddhists. You can visit the temple which is over a millennium old.
● We take lunch in Kaza before heading to the Ki monastery a prominent centre for training and learning, as well as a refuge, for Tibetan monks. You can take pictures and take moments to experience the peace and calm that that is infused in the very air.
● The final stop is the scenic village of Kibber and the associated Wildlife Sanctuary. Here there are opportunities to see beautiful animals such as the blue sheep, Ibex, or even a rare snow leopard. Then we can take in the serene views, cross the canyon to Chicham village or head a little further on to Gette.
● An evening meal and another night in the hotel awaits you at the conclusion of day two.
● We head out into the oasis of green in Spiti, the Pin Valley, an outstanding national park that houses so much of what makes Spiti Valley such a national treasure.
● We’ll visit the Kungri Monastery before heading onwards to Mudh, a small hamlet that is the last village in the Pin Valley that can be reached by car.
● We return to Kaza for our final night at the hotel.
● After a farewell breakfast, we leave Kaza behind and head to Tabo and the monastery there that was established in the late 990s.
● After Tabo, our next destination is Dhankar village. Formerly the capital of the Royal Kingdom of Spiti, you can still see the remains of Dhankar fort and other historic sites.
● This stop takes you back in time and allows further access to the Dhankar lake and views across the valley to the twin peaks that make up Mane Rang
● As the day progresses we head toward Lhalung, the land of god, seated at the foot of the Tangmar mountains.
● We’ll settle for the night at a homestay with one of the local families, listening to their stories and cultures while sharing their food and home.
● The last two days of the trip comprise our journey back to where we started.
● Today we visit Chandratal Lake which is beside the Chandrabhaga mountains
● Chandratal Lake also goes by the name of Moon Lake. It’s mystical nature, and multiple mysteries are hidden amongst the shores and waters that wash with every shade of blue.
● After the stillness and expanse of the lake, we take a short journey to our campsite. We’ll spend the night on comfortable mattresses beneath the stars.
● The serene final leg of our journey returns us to Manali.
● We’ll return via the Rohtang pass again and see things with a new view based on our travels.
● In the evening our drivers will bid us farewell and we can spend the evening relaxing at the hotel or exploring the night markets of Manali.
● We wake up to the serene mountain views of the gorgeous town of Manali hearing the roars of Beas stream making its way down the valley.
● We get ready for our journey back home. Check-out of the hotel and take a night bus to Delhi/Chandigarh and take back home everything you have taken in over the last few days.
- Stay at all hotels/guest houses as well as camps based on the itinerary to be on double or triple sharing basis based on gender composition. Additional charges for single or double sharing on request.
- Breakfast as well as dinner at all hotels/guest houses and camps except in Manali.
- Comfy non-AC Toyota Innova for all the times based on the itinerary (Day 1 - Day 6).
- Dependable, seasoned and experienced English-speaking native chauffeur/driver who will also guide you with his wonderful expertise of the landscape and also the area.
- Services of the driver, vehicle inter-state toll if any, fuel cost as well as driver accommodation.
- Camping costs, comfy tents and also warm layered sleeping bags at Chandratal Lake.
- All Suitable Monastery/ Museum Charges.
- Any kind of personal expenses/tips/authorizations/permits.
- 5% GST (Tax).
- Lunch/any kind of beverages/dishes in Manali and dishes that are not stated in the schedule or itinerary.
- Sightseeing in Manali/any kind of accommodation, transfers or activities aside from what is pointed out in the plan/itinerary.
- Any extra price occurring out of unexpected scenarios including clinical emergencies and also circumstances beyond one's control/acts of God.
- Anything that is not stated in the above listing of inclusions.
Clothes to keep you comfortable:
● T-shirts (dry-fit preferred)
● Thermal inners
● Fleece/ Windproof Jacket
● Down Feather Jacket
● Woolen Cap
● Sun Hat
● Flip Flops
● Cotton Socks
● Woolen Socks
● Trekking Shoes
● Quick Drying Towel.
● Reusable water bottle
● Backpack (30 - 40 ltrs.)
● Walking Stick (if required)
● Torch or Head Torch
● Hand Sanitizer
● Personal Medication
● Mouthwash, Lip Balm
● Power Banks
● Toilet Paper
● Degradable Wet Wipes
● Energy Bars
● Dried Fruit
- Any type of personal expenses are to be taken care of by you.
- The management has all the right to make changes to the itinerary during any type of emergencies or all-natural calamities.
- Adhere to the directions given by your driver, if any.
- Stay hydrated throughout the trip, especially on the first day. Consume lots of water, at least 2-3 litres a day.
- Carry Rain-Protection equipment to stay comfortable as well as completely dry.
- Put on Safety glasses while travelling in daylight. If you wear eyeglasses, put on photochromatic lenses.
- Before carrying out this trip to the high altitude areas of Spiti, speak with a doctor.
- If required, participants are recommended to bring their very own medicine.
- Do not motivate littering the neighbourhood sites, road, hotel/guest house campus or campsites.
● Spiti Valley is a high altitude desert valley, also known as the Middle Land.
● It is situated at an average height of 4,000 meters above sea level.
● To enter Spiti Valley from Kullu, you pass through Kullu Valley and Lahaul Valley.
● Spiti engages you in a spiritual tryst and is home to famous Monasteries such as Ki monastery, Tabo monastery, Sherkhang monastery, and Dhankar monastery.
● Kunzum La Pass is also known as the Gateway to Spiti.
● You can also get a glimpse of Ladarcha Fair, if you plan to visit the Spiti Valley in July/Aug.
● Komik, the highest Village of Asia is in Spiti
● Spiti is best known for its magnificent topography with blue skies during the day and amazing star trails at night, a delight for the stargazers.
● It has the highest post office in the Hikkim region.
● Bara Shigri, that is the second-longest glacier in the Himalayas also lies in Lahaul Spiti area.
● Spiti Valley remains secluded from the rest of the world for about 7 months due to heavy snowfall.
● Kaza is the capital of Spiti Valley and is the last place for ATM and petrol stations.
● Kibber is at a distance of around 19kms from Kaza. You can visit Kibber wildlife sanctuary where you will spot leopards, Himalayan wolf, ibex, blue sheep and red fox.
● Langza is around 14 kilometres away from Kaza. You will see a large beautiful golden Buddha Statue in Langza, that is believed to be thousands of years old.
● Tabo, which is around 48 km from Kaza is said to be the Ajanta of Himalayas.
Kaza in Spiti continues to be isolated from the rest of India for 6 months of the year. The road transport is blocked by the heavy snowfall and makes it impossible to pass through. You can plan your visit during the summer months of late May to late September/early October.
Altitude sickness is extremely typical amongst travelers throughout high altitude areas, it is smart to consult your doctor for the appropriate medication prior to your trip. Consuming lots of water can additionally assist the body in addition to not exerting too much while you are gaining altitude. The best adjustment to high altitudes is to not gain more than 300m (1000 feet) per day. If you increase this range you will certainly be more susceptible to altitude health issues and you will have to take care to avoid falling sick. Sufficient rest can help to revert such health conditions.
Breakfast and dinner are provided on the Spiti Valley tour keeping in mind important nutrition required for the journey. Himalayan water, which is full of minerals, is easily available. If you want, you can carry packaged water bottles which are readily available all throughout the journey. However, we encourage you to not use plastic and take re-fillable bottles with you.
As you will be in transit during the daytime, lunch is not included as you can have freshly cooked meals at any restaurant/dhaba when the vehicle stops depending on where you are during lunchtime.
On this epic Spiti Valley tour, make sure to carry comfortable and cosy clothes as the temperature can go down, carry high-quality comfortable footwear, sandals as well as an added pair of socks. A Flashlight (with spare batteries) that will help when the sunlight goes down and also it's always clever to lug insect repellent as well as emergency situation medical kit.
No, these compounds and any other form of intoxicants are purely forbidden on this road trip.
Adventure La offers the best value for money when it comes to the Spiti Valley tour package. The cost of this 6 nights and 7 days tour is INR 13,450 per person after a discount of 29% Off. All your accommodations, meals and amazing activities are included in this package.
The interaction with the local individuals of Spiti valley and understanding their unique way of life and culture is also a tourist attraction of this package.
To start the journey to Spiti Valley from this route, one has to reach Manali, which is one of the most preferred hill stations throughout India. From here, our team of experts will take care of your whole trip to Spiti Valley, starting and ending in Manali.
Almost all the things one can think about are included in this Spiti valley tour package. Be it the place, meals or sightseeing on the tour, one can refute their cash saving bargains. So, get the best value out of the money you pay by booking your Spiti Valley tour package with Adventure La.
As this is a tour and not a trek, the trip to Spiti Valley is a simple journey through the high altitude mountain areas of Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh. Although you'll be sitting in a car and going places, we highly recommend taking in a lot of water at regular intervals to reduce the risk of AMS or high altitude sickness. If you have previous conditions like asthma, heart conditions, or any other condition which may affect your health during this journey, we recommend seeing a doctor before joining the trip.
As this is a road trip, there is no mandatory trekking included in the itinerary. However, there is an optional trek to Dhankar Lake on day 4 of this trip for adventure enthusiasts. This trek to Dhankar Lake is an easy hike of about 40 - 60 minutes and can be taken if one wishes to do so.
From June - September, day temperatures remain around 22 - 28 degrees C. During night time, this temperature falls to 5 - 10 degrees C.
During October, it starts getting cold and day temperatures remain 20 - 24 degrees C, whereas night temperatures come down to 0 - 5 degrees C.
At Chandratal Lake, the night temperatures may fall between 0 - 5 degrees C, so it is recommended to carry some warm clothing with you.
While you are journeying through this beautiful valley, there are a couple of crucial things which you require to carry. Trip essentials:
Proper footwear: Even though you'll be travelling in a car, we recommend getting waterproof footwear, which keeps your feet comfortable and dry throughout the whole Spiti Valley tour. You need the right type of walking shoes for this trip, which are made for tough terrains and are comfy at the same time. We recommend trekking footwear that is adaptable as well as has excellent ankle support.
Backpack (40-60 litres): You will likewise require an excellent backpack with tough bands and supporting framework. Do not forget to take a rain cover for your rucksack.
Three warm layers: During this trek, you will be travelling at a high elevation, so it is very important that you have proper clothing for the weather problems. Make sure you have three cosy clothing layers to keep you warm.
Spiti is renowned for the beauty it provides throughout the valley. You see numerous whitewashed mud house villages that reveal the supremely stunning sights of the adjacent valleys as well as high white and brown coloured mountains.
The adventurous road passes alongside beautiful roaring streams overlooking high mountains, which are a great treat to the eyes.
This Spiti Valley tour provides a possibility to delve into one of the most impressive locations of the Mighty Himalayan Range and also experience the friendliness and simplicity of the varied culture of Spiti in Himachal Pradesh.
In all, a feast for all the nature enthusiasts wanting to see nature in its purest and raw form with Chandertal Lake unveiling its mysteries for you.
Usually, the size of each Spiti Valley trip batch is anywhere between 4 - 6 people per car (Toyota Innova). If there are more than six people, it'll be a Force traveller (10 or 12 seaters). The batch has an optimal number of people; it's neither jam-packed nor is scanty in number.
The Spiti Valley trip is risk-free for solo and women travellers. The area is risk-free for all sorts of travellers and we pay more importance than anything else to everyone's safety and security.
For both males and females, separate accommodation is ensured for their ease and comfort based on gender composition.
Please be ensured when it comes to your safety and security as this is of utmost importance for our team as we treat you like our own family members - with tons of respect.
Are there any pickup facilities from Chandigarh?
Sure, if you want we can start the tour from Chandigarh itself.
Which vehicle will be used for the Spiti Valley tour safari?
We mostly use comfortable Innova for 6 or fewer people (or any other same segment vehicle). In case the weather or road conditions are not suitable, we would prefer Tata Sumo for safety purposes. For more than 6 people, we prefer Force Traveler 10 or 12 seaters.
Will lunch/other meals be included in the tour package?
Breakfast and dinner are included in the tour along with tea and coffee and occasional treats. However, lunch is not included as you'll be in transit during lunchtime. You can have lunch on your own wherever the car halts depending on where you are.
I just finished my Kareri Lake trek with Adventure La and it was a mesmerizing experience. I would suggest readers to try Kareri Lake trek as you would be able to explore raw Himalayas. The team at Adventure La never says no to client demands and manages the tour well. The team is quick, courteous and polite to respond to your queries and is always approachable. I hope the team continues to deliver such efficient services.
I trekked with Adventure La team to Triund last year. My amazing experience with the team made me do a Solo Trek with them to Kareri Lake as well. The guides ensured a safe and comfortable journey for me throughout. Much skilled and experienced guides, very modest. The arrangements, the complete planning, the food quality, the tents, the sleeping arrangements was commendable. They completely ensure each traveler has a lifetime experience with them. More treks with Adventure La in near future for sure.
A private trek to Triund was one of my best decisions and I don’t think I could’ve made a better choice than Adventure La to make this trek fruitful for me! The scenery across the trail is mesmerizing. It was an adventurous travel experience with the guide being pretty helpful throughout. I can’t wait to travel with these guys again. Also a big thank you to the whole team for always being so communicative
Had one of the most amazing group travel experiences with Adventure La. The crew knew how to get people together and provided great impromptu services. Keeping comfort intact Adventure La crew made us see nature to its closest. One the best trek stories I have till date.
It’s a great pleasure planning a holiday trek with these people they organised so well. I would recommend people to opt for them. Even they helped us in planning out of the box to their package.
We were a bunch of cousins planned the exciting Triund trek. However, the plan could only become successful and completely fun with the services provided by the Adventure La. A personal guide was arranged who was very friendly and also experienced. The Adventure La team had a beautiful place set up with tents atop the mountain and the view was spectacular. Not to forget to comment on food, we were served with hot soup and delicious meal in the night everything prepared hot. Dinner under the clear sky dotted with bright stars was an experience to remember! The only problem in the whole trek and the stay was toilet facility. I suggest the agency to consider building bio-toilets or dry toilets.
Well overall I think it was a beautiful experience! Looking forward to again seek the services again 😊
Spiti valley is just so beautiful that I am falling short of words to describe its true beauty. No doubt the weather is extreme and the unexplored places are a little hard to reach but the Spiti journey is an experience of a lifetime. We did this trip in 2019 and thanks to the team at Adventure La, the entire trip was very comfortable and I had the most adventurous time of my life.
Me and my group witnessed a surreal experience of a lifetime! Thanks to Adventure La for making my trek to Hampta pass seem so easy with wonderful memories. The picturesque locations and admirable hospitality are worth admiring. Drinking mountain water can be a little tricky for us Europeans, as it’s not that easy to digest but the team had boiled water and packaged water for us on request.